Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A New Spin On An Old Favorite - Taco Salad



To create this salad which received accolades from my daughter, I used:

1 lb Ground Turkey
1 can of Black Beans
1 can of Kidney Beans
1 can of Garbanzo Beans
1 can of Sweet Corn
1 Jar of Favorite Salsa
Salad or Lettuce Mix
Baby Spinach
Shredded Green Cabbage
Shredded Carrots
Ketchup
Vegenaise
Veggie Shreds Mozzarella
Fritos Corn Chips

I browned the Turkey, drained it, and added a 1/2 cup of salsa and 1/4 cup of ketchup.  I then added the beans and corn to the meat. (This makes several servings, I ended up freezing half to use again later.) I let everything simmer for about 20 minutes while I put together the lettuce, spinach, cabbage and carrots.

I put all the fresh veggies on a plate and toped them with the warm turkey mix.  I added some Veggie Shreds and crushed Fritos on top.

I mixed Vegenaise, ketchup, and salsa to taste for a creamy tangy salad dressing.

This salad has been added to our growing list of favorite meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment